When should I get my booster?
The CDC has expanded boosters to all three COVID vaccines (Pfizer, Moderna and J&J). For those who received a Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, the following groups are eligible for a booster shot at six months or more after their initial series:
- Age 65 years and older
- Age 18+ who live in long-term care settings
- Age 18+ who have underlying medical conditions
- Age 18+ who work or live in high-risk settings
For those who received the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine, booster shots are recommended for those who meet the following conditions:
- Age 18 and older
- Received their vaccine two or more months ago
What type of vaccine can I get?
- You can choose to receive whatever vaccine you prefer for your booster.
- The CDC has authorized a mix-and-match approach if you want to receive a different brand vaccine than your original dose(s).
How many people are eligible?
- Currently, about 70 million Americans are eligible for boosters (2/3 of fully vaccinated Americans)
- More than 120 million Americans will become eligible for boosters during the coming months
If you have additional questions about COVID-19 boosters, visit our Booster FAQ page.