Prevention At Work
The following interim guidance may help prevent workplace exposures to acute respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19, in non-healthcare settings. The guidance also provides planning considerations if there are more widespread, community outbreaks of COVID-19.
Recommended strategies for employers to use now:
- Actively encourage sick employees to stay home.
- Separate sick employees.
- Emphasize staying home when sick, respiratory etiquette and hand hygiene by all employees.
- Perform routine environmental cleaning.
- Advise employees before traveling to take certain steps.
- Additional Measures in Response to Currently Occurring Sporadic Importations of the COVID-19.
For resources if your employer has closed its doors due to COVID-19, please visit the DCEO website: https://dceocovid19resources.com/for-workers/